TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: August 2022
Med-Health Laboratories Ltd., through its affiliated legal entities (collectively “Med-Health Laboratories”) provides a wide range of healthcare services that provide diagnostic insights supporting people to live their best lives through informed healthcare choices. These terms of service (“Terms”) apply to all virtual and in-person services that Med-Health Laboratories offers directly to individuals, including appointment booking, electronic healthcare information and records access and management, private-pay diagnostic tests and services, Med-Health Laboratories’ websites and apps (all of which are “Direct Services”), but excluding diagnostic and healthcare services through Canadian provincial healthcare programs. Direct Services include book appointment and Med-Health Laboratories Results Portal, as well as any future informational or diagnostic product, service, application, or website now or in future available from Med-Health Laboratories.
Certain Direct Services have Terms that apply only to that particular service, identified in the Service-specific Terms section below and/or in the Order Form that you complete when you request the service. All such Service-specific Terms supplement the general Terms applicable to all Direct Services and must be read together for complete Terms applicable to the particular service. To the extent Service-specific Terms conflict with other Terms, the Service-specific Terms have priority.
When you order a Direct Service and make a payment to Med-Health Laboratories for that service, the Ordering and Payment Terms apply.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully. They are a legal agreement between you and Med-Health Laboratories. By using Direct Services or by clicking the acceptance button, you agree to be bound by these Terms, including all amendments made from time to time that we post to the Med-Health Laboratories.com website or on the website or app applicable to particular Direct Service. If you do not agree with these Terms, do not use any Direct Services. If you do not agree with Service-specific Terms, do not use the particular Direct Service to which those Terms apply.
Direct Services are Provided on an “As is” Basis
Direct Services are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without representations, warranties, or conditions of any kind, either express or implied or statutory. You expressly agree that all use of Direct Services are at your sole risk. You agree that Med-Health Laboratories assumes and has no liability for Direct Services being unavailable at any time, or for the reliability, validity, accuracy, completeness, integrity, quality, or timeliness of, or any failure to deliver or store any laboratory test results or other content. Med-Health Laboratories does not represent or warrant the reliability, validity, accuracy, completeness, integrity, quality or timeliness of any laboratory test results or other content. You acknowledge that any use, non-use, reliance, or non-reliance upon any laboratory test results or other content will be at your sole risk.
Use of Direct Services
- You may use Direct Services for your personal, non-professional, non-commercial purpose and not for any other purpose. You are not permitted to make any resale, commercial, or derivative use of Direct Services, or use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods on Direct Services.
- You may use or access Direct Services for another person if you have their express permission or you are otherwise authorized, e.g., if you are their legal guardian, or have power of attorney for care.
- Individuals who are 13 years of age or older may use Direct Services; Direct Services are not intended for use by individuals younger than 13. Also, Direct Services only allow access to laboratory results for individuals who are 16 years of age and older in British Columbia and 18 years of age and older in Ontario.
- Certain Direct Services enable you to upload items for particular purposes, such as your laboratory test requisition so that it is available at the Med-Health Laboratories patient service centre when you arrive for your appointment. You must not use this feature to upload any item other than the specified items for the particular purpose and you must also take reasonable care that your upload does not introduce malicious code or programs such viruses, worms, trojan horses, etc. on Med-Health Laboratories’ information systems.
Many Direct Services are, or are accessible through, Med-Health Laboratories websites (including www.Med-Health Laboratories.com), portals, apps, and other Internet-enabled Services (all of which are “Online Direct Services”). The following Terms apply to your browsing, installing, downloading, accessing or otherwise using an Online Direct Service (and “use” or “using” in this Section will mean any of the foregoing).
- Permitted Uses: When using any Online Direct Services, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to all intellectual property, data and privacy, and export laws. You further agree:
- You will only use an Online Direct Service for its intended purpose, i.e., to enable you to access and manage health care information and services;
- You will not use an Online Direct Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Online Direct Service, or interfere with another user’s use or enjoyment of the service; and
- You will not obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available to you through the Online Direct Service.
Med-Health Laboratories may disclose any information as required or permitted by law, legal process, or government request without notice. Med-Health Laboratories may also, in its sole discretion, terminate your use of any Online Direct Services without notice to you.
- Security of Your Data: Med-Health Laboratories has implemented appropriate internal security measures to protect your data, including the encryption of data on our servers when stored or in transit. Med-Health Laboratories does not, however, guarantee the confidentiality of any communications made by you through the Internet or public networks in connection with your use of an Online Direct Service. You are responsible to protect your data through appropriate means such as by keeping your user IDs and passwords secret and not sharing them, periodically changing your passwords, using strong passwords, and using the most up-to-date versions of apps and browsers. You must also use caution when providing personally identifying information over the Internet. Med-Health Laboratories is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from your use of Internet-based communication tools or services.
- Your Posts and Messages Using Online Direct Services: You will only post, send, and receive messages that are appropriate for the particular Online Direct Service that you are using, and only such messages that you are authorized to communicate. Med-Health Laboratories does not claim ownership of materials that you provide, post, or upload to any Online Direct Service. By providing, posting, or uploading information, you grant permission for Med-Health Laboratories to use the materials without compensation to you. You agree that you will not use Online Direct Services to:
- Defame, abuse, harass, or threaten others;
- Publish, post, upload, or disseminate infringing, obscene, or unlawful material;
- Upload files, software, or programs covered by the intellectual property or privacy rights of others;
- Upload viruses, corrupted files, or programs which might damage the computers of others;
- Advertise or promote any goods or services;
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal notices, or proprietary designations;
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Online Direct Services;
- Harvest or collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
Med-Health Laboratories may review and remove any material posted at its discretion. Med-Health Laboratories may terminate your ability to use the communication services of any Online Direct Service at any time for any reason without notice to you.
- Copyright: All content of Online Direct Services is copyright by Med-Health Laboratories and/or its third party suppliers. Med-Health Laboratories reserves all rights in respect of this content. You may use such content for non-commercial, personal and education purposes provided that you do not modify the content and you include the associated copyright notice. You may not make any commercial use of the content, include the content in any product or service, or copy the content to any other website or document.
Our cookies targeting advertising may indicate the pages that interest you when you are using Online Direct Services. We may allow companies to post banner ads or links on our online services, just as we may also post our own banner ads and links on our partners’ services. The presence of an ad on our site does not imply endorsement of the advertised company or product. Advertising revenue supports our community-based programs.
Changes to Direct Services
Med-Health Laboratories may add to, alter, suspend, or discontinue in whole or in any part, Direct Services, including the availability of any feature or content at any time without notice. Med-Health Laboratories may also impose limits on certain features and aspects of Direct Services or restrict your access to parts of or all of Direct Services without notice or liability.
Termination of Access to Direct Services
Med-Health Laboratories may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to all or any part of Direct Services, including your account and lab test results at any time, with or without notice, for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of these Terms. Without limiting the foregoing, any fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity, or activity that compromises the security of Med-Health Laboratories systems, or impedes the enjoyment or access of others to Direct Services will result in the termination of your access and potentially your permanent ban from use of Direct Services. Access to a user’s account will also be terminated when Med-Health Laboratories receives a copy of their death certificate and all contents therein will be permanently deleted. Termination of your access to Direct Services includes the permanent deletion of your user ID, password, and all related registration information and files associated with or inside your account or user profile.
Ownership of Direct Services
As between you and Med-Health Laboratories, Med-Health Laboratories is and will remain the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest in and to Direct Services and all of the technology and software used by Med-Health Laboratories to provide Direct Services, including copyright and all other intellectual property rights and all enhancements, modifications, or additions thereto. You will acquire no rights whatsoever to all or any part of the foregoing except that Med-Health Laboratories permits you to use Direct Services in accordance with these Terms. You shall not copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, license, sublicense, reverse engineer, or create derivative works based on any of the intellectual property used in delivering Direct Services.
Electronic Communications and Notices
In order for you to use certain Direct Services, it is necessary for Med-Health Laboratories to be able to communicate with you electronically. When you send e-mails or communicate with us through an online mechanism (such as placing an order for a Direct Service through the service’s web page), you are communicating with us electronically and you consent to receive communications from us electronically.
For certain features, you may opt to receive a text from Med-Health Laboratories (such as appointment confirmations). Any and all charges, fees, or costs for your receipt of text messages are your sole responsibility. You should consult with your wireless carrier to determine what charges may apply.
Med-Health Laboratories may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to these Terms, by postings on Med-Health Laboratories.com or other Direct Services websites or apps, or by email to you. Service-specific notices or changes may only be notified to users of the affected service. You agree that all notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
This Privacy Statement applies to Med-Health Laboratories’ book an appointment website and services.
Med-Health Laboratories is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the Personal Information in its care. Med-Health Laboratories has a Privacy Officer who is accountable for the organization’s compliance with privacy legislation and internal policies. All Med-Health Laboratories employees receive privacy training and understand their responsibilities in protecting Personal Information.
- Personal Information We Collect and WhyWhen you use Book Appointment solely to book appointments in our one of our specimen collection centers, we only collect your email, first name, last name, telephone number. This information is used to identify you and contact you in connection with the appointment(s) you book. When you create a Book Appointment account, you are consenting to the collection and use of your Personal Information, including your personal health information, as described above.
- Disclosing Your Information
Your Personal Information is disclosed to trusted third party services as permitted or required by law. If your information is used for any purpose other than as described above, we will contact you by the e-mail you provided to obtain your consent. Med-Health Laboratories strictly does not sell, rent, or lease Personal Information.
- Accessing & Correcting Your Personal Information
Upon your request, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information, subject to privacy legislation. If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, Med-Health Laboratories will assist you to make any required changes.
- Web Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Med-Health Laboratories uses Google Tag Manager to capture statistics about the use of our website, e.g., scroll and link tracking, monitoring form submissions, remarketing, etc and more. Google Tag Manager works by allowing us to manage and deploy marketing tags. Tags are snippets of code which are added to a website to collect information and send to third parties. The Google Tag Manager data does not collect user IP addresses or any user-specific identifiers that could be associated with a particular individual. Other than data in standard HTTP request logs, all of which is deleted within 14 days of being received, Google Tag Manager does not collect, retain, or share any information about visitors to our website. You can read more about Google Tag Manager here: Click here to to know more about Google Tag Manager https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/9323295?hl=en.
- Security Safeguards
Personal Information in Med-Health Laboratories’ custody is protected by security safeguards to prevent loss, unauthorized access, copying, or misuse. Within Med-Health Laboratories, access to Personal Information is restricted to personnel who require such access in order to perform their duties.
We regularly review our privacy policies and practices and, from time to time, will update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes, we will post the new version on this website.
- Contact Us
Questions regarding our privacy program and practices can be directed to our Privacy Office, using the following contact details:
Med-Health Laboratories Privacy Office